I ordered risotto rice and cookies to be sent to Japan. Nowhere on their site does it state this rice can't be shipped to Japan.

My package gets shipped then UPS in Nevada stops it with an export exemption and returns it to them. Vitacost won't refund my shipping cost and then charges me some percentage for returned products. It never left the US and the shipper seems to know more about export law then this company and still no changes to their site so new international customers get ripped off some more.

Never use the Vitacost site. Use iHerb.com to Japan or Asia it is only $4 shipping for up to 30 lbs and they have export restrictions on items before you order so none of this BS occurs.

Reason of review: they refused a full refund.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Aug 21, 2014.

Comments

Update: After contacting a supervisor not a regular agent I was issued a full refund. I still can't recommend this company.

They should know export restrictions for particular countries like iHerb.com. Each product at Iherb.com has red lettering telling you you can't order this item due to export restrictions based on your IP address when logged into their site. Vitacost has no such notices so international customers are at risk to lose all their shipping costs and a 20% return fee. Luckily for me UPS in Nevada caught the problem before my package left America and that was why I was issued a full refund.

The 2 agents I talked with gave me false info and that was why i wrote the complaint initially. Beware customers, you are blamed if you don't know all customs restrictions when using Vitacost.

And truthfully who personally knows these laws to the letter or can get straight answers from foreign customs agencies. One person tells you one thing and another tells you the exact opposite